When you signed up for the fresh Olymp Trade account, it is time to gain knowledge about the platform. With some previous experience with other trading platforms, it should be easy to get familiar with the Olymp Trade trading interface. And of course, we are here to help you. You can begin with our quick guide to Olymp Trade user interface or just dive into this tutorial to get to know all useful features and tools Olymp Trade platform has to offer.
Main sections of the Olymp Trade trading interface
When you log in to the platform you will see something similar to the screenshot below. We have sliced the screen showing that actually there are 4 different sections:
- Top Bar.
- Chart Area.
- Trade Management.
- Trades and Orders.
Let’s take a closer look at each section so you will have a better understanding of each section.
- The question mark icon will take you to a submenu with a few informational items. From here you can access support chat. There is also Olymp Trade Assistant section, where you can find answers on how to use technical indicators, how to read charts, how to make deposits and withdrawals. If you’d rather watch and listen, Video Tutorials may be something for you. For traders with VIP status, Olymp Trade prepared the trading signals section that is also available from this submenu.
- “Hamburger” menu gives you access to your account settings and history. It allows you to change your profile data. From here it’s possible to initiate withdrawal and deposit process. Connected Education and Analytics sections will give you additional insights into current market conditions.
- All the time your Olymp Trade platform can be used for trading on Demo or Live account. Here you can see an available balance on each account and you can easily switch between them.
- Make a deposit button is self-explanatory. It allows to add funds to your real account or recharge your demo account, if necessary.
- Here you can see the name of an asset that you are currently trading. In case of the options, the payout rate is also included so you will know how profitable your trade can be. You are able to choose a different asset simply by clicking on the asset name.
- Compass icon gives you access to technical analysis tools such as technical indicators and drawing tools.
- Chart type selector allows you to choose the preferred chart format. You can switch between line chart, bar chart, candlestick chart or Heiken Ashi.
- Trade starts line is positioned at the current candle, just to show the distance between itself and End of trade line. The time between them comes from the preset option duration.
- End of trade line – see explanation above.
- Plus and minus buttons allow you to scale in and out your chart. This option is useful when you want to focus on just a few candles or you want to see the bigger picture.
- Time frame selector allows you to change time frame of the chart from 15 seconds up to 1 month. Depends on your trading style and the length of a transaction you can set a suitable period of single candle creation.
- Candle timer shows how advanced is the current candle. In other words, it simply tells you how much time left until the current candle close.
On the picture below you can see the trade management section for options trading. It will be different when you choose to trade CFDs. You can read more about the differences in our guide on trading on Olymp Trade. Now let’s focus on options.
- Option duration. This is where you decide about the expiration of your option. You can choose any time between 1 minute up to 23 hours.
- The investment amount is simply the amount of money you want to place in upcoming trade.
- Custom order is used for pending orders. You can decide to open a new transaction in the future at a specified time or at a specified price. It is useful if you don’t want to spend all day in front of your computer. Still, using pending orders should come from the rules in your trading plan and from your trading strategy.
- Up (green) and Down (red) buttons are triggering your trade in the direction of your choice.
Trades and Orders
This section of the Olymp Trade trading interface allows you to analyze your past performance. If you have opened trades you can follow them in the Trades tab (1). All your orders, current and past, are visible in the Orders tab (2).
Get to know your tools
The Olymp Trade trading interface is simple. That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t practice. But here is the great thing about Olymp Trade. You can open a demo account and perfect your skills. Have fun, click here and there, get to know Olymp Trade platform features. It will help you to avoid unnecessary mistakes when you start real trading.
All the best!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Download this article as PDF. (English)Enter your Email Address