In this short article, we will talk about trade summary and the two types of profits while trading derivatives and securities at Olymp Trade. One is an expected profit and the other is a profit after a sale.
On the right side of the platform, there are some numbers visible. You will find there both, the expected profit and the profit after the sale. You will also see the amount of this particular investment.
The expected profit is nothing else like the amount of money you will gain or lose when the trade will finish. If you open an up-trade and the closing price will be bigger than the opening price of an asset, the expected profit will be in green color. The same works for a down-trade, that is if the closing price will be smaller than the opening price.
However, if you open an up-trade but the closing price will be lower than the opening price, or in the case of a down position, the closing price will be higher than the opening price, the amount of the expected profit will be displayed in red.
The profit after the scale indicates the amount of money that will be added to your account balance after selling trade at this precise moment. It will grow together with the expected profit. The bigger chances the trade will end successfully, the higher profit after the sale. That said, take note that there’s no guarantee to the amount that you will win. You might even lose money if you’re not careful.
A possibility of selling the trade before its expiration may sometimes protect you from a huge loss. Be careful, however, because the market is unpredictable. It can happen that the situation will change rapidly and you will discover that you have sold the trade for too little. Always analyze the market and search for a perfect entry point before you open a position.
👍 Pros and Cons 👎
- 🔹 Olymp Trade provides clear and easily accessible information about expected profit and profit after sale.
- 🔹 The platform offers a global marketplace for trading derivatives and securities.
- 🔹 It allows users to sell trades before expiration, potentially limiting losses.
- 🔻 Trading inherently carries risk, and profits are never guaranteed.
- 🔻 Market conditions can change rapidly, and a trade that looks promising can quickly turn against you.
- 🔻 Selling a trade early can sometimes result in missed profit opportunities if the market conditions improve.
|Expected Profit||The amount of money a trader might gain or lose when the trade finishes, based on the opening and closing price of the asset.|
|Profit After Sale||The amount that will be added to the account balance after selling the trade at the current moment. It’s dependent on the expected profit and the market condition.|
🙋♀️ Q&A Section
- ❓ What does ‘expected profit’ mean on Olymp Trade?
- ✔️ Expected profit is the potential gain or loss you could make when the trade finishes, based on the opening and closing price of the asset.
- ❓ How is ‘profit after sale’ calculated?
- ✔️ Profit after sale is the amount you would add to your account balance if you sold the trade at the current moment. It grows with the expected profit.
- ❓ Can I sell a trade before its expiration on Olymp Trade?
- ✔️ Yes, Olymp Trade allows for early trade selling, which can sometimes help limit potential losses.
- ❓ Are profits guaranteed when trading on Olymp Trade?
- ✔️ No, profits are never guaranteed when trading. It’s important to conduct thorough market analysis and understand the risks involved.
- ❓ Is Olymp Trade a globally accessible platform?
- ✔️ Yes, Olymp Trade is a global platform for trading derivatives and securities.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?